|Elastic capacity and cloud-based protection for on-premises tape libraries without complexity or physical infrastructure.|
Datastream Edge is a cloud-based solution designed to address the data storage and management needs of businesses, with a focus on data protection, backup, and recovery. This service offers the advantages of a traditional tape library without the physical infrastructure, offering scalability, flexibility, and cost-efficiency. Datastream Edge natively integrates with established workflows and data protection platforms, helping extend the value and utility of on-premises repositories supporting media, natural resources and exploration, and long-term data archives.
- Data tiering;
- Instant library capacity expansion;
- Cloud Adjacent data caching;
- Multi-cloud data access;
- Cloud Storage onboarding and migration;
- Media storage, cloud tiering and replication;
- Offsite / Public Cloud Disaster Recovery;
- Site-to-site migration;
- Media conversion – physical to virtual.
- Elastic capacity and bandwidth;
- Rapid provisioning and scale;
- Native LTO / Tape Library integration;
- Integrate with public cloud storage or private cloud adjacent storage repositories;
- Flexible high throughput interconnection options;
- Available no egresscloud storage options.
Oncore delivers managed cloud-adjacent digital infrastructure in line with your cloud data path.
|On-premises customer data storage and management infrastructure.|
|Private interconnection – Equinix Fabric, Data Center Cross Connect, Dedicated Circuit.|
|Oncore Datastream Edge managed services. Includes Virtual Tape Library and LTO target, routing, security perimeter, and storage.|
|High performance / low latency cloud interconnection or public cloud platform peering.|
|Public or private cloud destination storage (object storage – S3, Azure, GCS).|
How it works
|On-premises customer data infrastructure is configured Datastream Edge as another tape library and LTO storage target.|
|Inbound data is staged on Datastream’s local cache. The cache is fully configurable and designed to store multiple LTO tape datasets.|
|Cached LTO datasets de-staged into destination storage. Destination storage may be a public cloud data store or Oncore’s Cloud Adjacent Private Storage repository.|
|Retrieved datasets are streamed from local cache. In the event the requested dataset is not cached, it is rehydrated from destination storage prior to streaming to an on-premises target.|
|On-premises data infrastructure receives the requested streamed LTO dataset.|